Tuesday 2 January 2018

Exciting 2018! Flowers anyone?

Magical Orchids in the Mist
Work in progress

2018

It will be a year of flowers this year!  Why?  Because I am making it a year of flowers!
My new book "Atmospheric Flowers in Watercolour" will be launched in June 2018 and I am also on my way to film a new DVD about painting flowers, in different ways.  Bringing life and energy into our work. I'm deliberately avoiding subjects I have covered before in my book and DVDs so do keep an eye out for some really lovely demonstrations,with  new colour combinations and fabulous techniques to make painting even more enjoyable.

I am about to complete the above painting to start my new year. I have white orchids in my living room in our cottage and even though I am busy I just had to paint them today. They were screaming at me to do so.

I have several blues in the background o fmy first wash, there are lovely lost and found edges and I am about to add the detail. Not too much. Just enough to tell the story!

I am never happier than when I am painting.

How about you?

Have a great 2018!


************************

No comments: